Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion - Student Blog Page in this Site

4 posters

Go down

Suggestion - Student Blog Page in this Site Empty Suggestion - Student Blog Page in this Site

Post by d'bontokinian Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Yang-ew, you recently mentioned on the message board about the 4th year students being active on this site. I wonder if its possible for the high school students (not only 4th years) to be provided a page here for them to post their blogs and can continue posting even after high school. I don't know whether this is at all feasible or not, especially when there are many students. Have to refer to Webmaster and also the school's computer class teacher and school administration. This would probably mean having a lot of pages for each student blogger and could become unwieldy potentially. I don't know, it's just a thought anyway. On the other hand, if this is not practical, perhaps something might come up.

d'bontokinian
d'bontokinian
d'bontokinian
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Suggestion - Student Blog Page in this Site Empty Re: Suggestion - Student Blog Page in this Site

Post by Saint Vincent's School Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:26 am

I'll try to Incorporate Blog's On each of every User Profile for Now
Saint Vincent's School
Saint Vincent's School
Web Developer
Web Developer

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Igorot_Pride/site/

Back to top Go down

Suggestion - Student Blog Page in this Site Empty Re: Suggestion - Student Blog Page in this Site

Post by yang-ew Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:51 pm

Mng. Bontokinian, very nice input manong. I like that! Well, i guess Webdeveloper Ryan responded favorably on your request.

Syana nan imas nan FACEBOOK tay sya nan maamungan nan generartion id wanin but most af them are registered here naman, they´re just quiet and maybe lurking, hehehe...
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

http://Interactive Cordillera, Bibaknets@yahoogroups.com, Igorot

Back to top Go down

Post by SVS Headliners Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:04 pm

yang-ew wrote:Syana nan imas nan FACEBOOK tay sya nan maamungan nan generartion id wanin but most af them are registered here naman, they´re just quiet and maybe lurking, hehehe...

Yup, I noticed there are two SVS Profile at FACEBOOK. The creator/owner of both SVS profiles are high school students. The newest profile is even using the SVS logo which was designed by Webmaster, Ryan (same as we have here). Nevertheless, I found their sites cool... topics cater most to young SVS students but nothing about the prime issues and concerns of the school. Most of the members who hang-out there are already registered here... I posted a message on thier wall to contribute school events to this site, likewise copy pasting the link of this website.

The blog site suggested by sir Bontokinanan is good. Hope Ryan can work out on it. Anya nga padli tani agtutu-un met ti request mi from here and there across the river, hehehe... Uray man inya? bumawi kamin tu nu umay nga aldaw...

Have a great weekend to all uray signal #1 ti Baguio. Cheers! Suggestion - Student Blog Page in this Site Icon_sunny *dunior
SVS Headliners
SVS Headliners
Junior Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by d'bontokinian Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:59 am

As earlier mentioned, the student blogs might become unwieldy to handle, like making it difficult to access the site or slowdown the opening of pages, but if there are work-arounds for these and other concerns then that's well and good. The idea here is to direct more of the students' online activities to this site rather than the others. Let them realize that this is their website.
d'bontokinian
d'bontokinian
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:45 am

d'bontokinian wrote:As earlier mentioned, the student blogs might become unwieldy to handle, like making it difficult to access the site or slowdown the opening of pages, but if there are work-arounds for these and other concerns then that's well and good. The idea here is to direct more of the students' online activities to this site rather than the others. Let them realize that this is their website.

honestly manong, wen. most are ACTIVE FACEBOOK users cause it´s widely use, friendly and easy access but too public. some SVS students i catch online at FB would tell me, ¨adik mu amu nu ngag nan angnena ay inregister ka svs website, hehe...¨or something how do i post or reply?... same questions asked by most of us i think when we were all biginners. Some would even send me a message ¨nalipatak nan username ko or nan passwork ko isunga adi ak maka-enter ka website¨. These are the reasons why we advice that if they visit the site, they should always log in to refresh their passwords...
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

http://Interactive Cordillera, Bibaknets@yahoogroups.com, Igorot

Back to top Go down

Post by d'bontokinian Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:36 pm

Such comments from them can only mean that they are new to the site. Not every site is the same, so it takes getting used to and sometimes one has to do some "trial and success" method or experimentation in order to navigate through a site.

d'bontokinian
d'bontokinian
d'bontokinian
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down