Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KHANGSA NEWS LETTER

+2
d'bontokinian
yang-ew
6 posters

Go down

KHANGSA NEWS LETTER Empty KHANGSA NEWS LETTER

Post by yang-ew Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:05 pm

This part is for SVS news and current events. We wish to solicit the help of Mrs. Ancet Culalad as the Khangsa school paper adviser and her staff writers to contribute for this section. Thank you!
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

http://Interactive Cordillera, Bibaknets@yahoogroups.com, Igorot

Back to top Go down

KHANGSA NEWS LETTER Empty Re: KHANGSA NEWS LETTER

Post by d'bontokinian Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:44 am

I gather that Mrs. Culalad is always in contact with the school principals, and so we hope to hear from them. BTW, do both schools have computers for students and teachers alike and have internet access? This forum could be an opportunity for the school principals to solicit help for the needs of the schools from their graduates.
d'bontokinian
d'bontokinian
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:38 pm

svs high school has a computer room with internet access. i just dont know how many computers are operational though... i e-amailed Mrs. Culalad and she replied saying that they will feed us information but upto now i haven´t heard from her. i understand she is busy.

Last edited by yang-ew on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by d'bontokinian Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:31 pm

I was in Bontoc from May to June this year and while there, attended the celebration of Sta. Rita Day. If I had known about this website earlier I would have informed Mr. Julian Chumacog, the high school principal, and others whom I met during that celebration about this site. Since joining in, I have informed by email an abfilat, informing her about this site and requested her to disseminate the information to every SVS alumni she meets. Hopefully, every SVS alumni will join and participate.
d'bontokinian
d'bontokinian
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:10 am

We do appreciate your prompt response by sending an email to your abfilat. It would really help a lot if we have a direct contact from the SVS faculty and staff so with the alumni officers if possible. Yah, with high hopes asup ya maawis nan tapi na ay maki-join isna at-ato tako...
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by luz Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Hello, pangyaw(friend). Good evening.Actually, when I went home for vacation this July 19, 2009, I went to see Principal Chumacog. I inquired about the students or staffs of the KHANGSA NEWSLETTER if they're still be joining the provincial journalism conference. He said, yes. And if I will again help the students financially(pasahe, registration fee, etc). The last time I helped (together with Molly Yawan)these talented kids was 2007. I think this is where WE come in. Why don't we helped these budding journalists financially? Mr. Chumacog also told me to contribute an article/issue about being an OFW. I'm thinking of one issue.......Before I forget, they will be joining the conference this DECEMBER(I hope I'm right).
luz
luz

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:19 pm

WOW! this is really great mng. Luz! I heard auntie Molly went home for good and managing a lucrative business in Manila. (just heard the good news from a friend who came from a visit there in hong kong, hehehe...) I was in bontoc during those times and I really admired how the Khangsa news letter competed with the other school papers in the province upto the national level. SVS khangsa staff writers really make good news, feature articles, etc. and they even have a very good cartoonist/artist. Thanks to their efficient adviser, Mrs. Ancet Culalad.

The students would really be inspired knowing that there are kind hearted people like you who extend financial support to them in this endevour. Asup ya itultuloy yu kayet manang nan panangsuportar yu isnan iskwelaan tako.

I just got the email address of Mr. Christopher Che-es, SVES principal cause Mr. Julian Chumacog has none. I sent a short email to him after a short exchange over the phone. Hope they´ll be joining us here soon...
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by luz Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:55 am

CHO SAN! Aye, good news sa, ah. Try ko man to contact some of my batch across the ocean.

I just want to share to all Bontocanians across the ocean that this Sept. 27, 2009, the Bontoc Municipality-Hong Kong Chapter will be celebrating the 5th Year BONTOC "AM-AMONG" DAY.
luz
luz

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:04 am

It´s nice to know that you have ¨am-among¨festival in hong kong and it´s even on it´s 5th year celebration this month? Ragsaken yu ngarud and best regards to all!!!
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:28 pm

September 3, 2009
Mr. Julian Chumacog said in a phone conversation last night that there will be an election of new set of SVS Alumni Association Officers this October 2009. This plan was one of the main agenda discussed during the previous meeting of the association. This is the main reason why there was a delay in feeding us the list of alumni officers that we have requested earlier. The school principal further explained that due to the many school activities they could not stay online but nevertheless they will find time to feed us important news.
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dione selly chaokas Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:45 am

to auntie luz and to all, big big thanks for supporting Khangsa...i am a former khangsa staff.. i had been editor in chief for school year 2006-2007 and i was able to represent the school (together with Jing Castaneda and Robin Dizon) up to the regionals ... and after such a great experience, indeed helping the staff financially would be of great help... karkaru cha et ngumina nan registration fee during press conferences... khangsa staffs never return to svs empty handed ever since, may it be individual or group events.

again, big big thanks for supporting Khangsa...
dione selly chaokas
dione selly chaokas

Back to top Go down

Post by d'bontokinian Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:44 pm

This election of Alumni officers, I suppose only those who are physically present will vote. How about those absentees especially those who are overseas, can they vote? Are there existing guidelines for the election of officers? It would be nice to see a copy of the guidelines posted in this site.
The PRO of the alumni association could be the ones feeding info to this site in coordination with the school.
This site has great potential, Yang-ew. With the help of other SVS alumni, let's keep it alive.
d'bontokinian
d'bontokinian
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:35 pm

d'bontokinian wrote:This election of Alumni officers, I suppose only those who are physically present will vote. How about those absentees especially those who are overseas, can they vote? Are there existing guidelines for the election of officers? It would be nice to see a copy of the guidelines posted in this site.

You have a very good point here Bontokinian. It would really be nice that the participation of those residing overseas be counted during election of svs alumni officers. Though this special guideline of election procedures may not be existing in the constitution and by laws of the svs alumni association, it can be introduced. The idea of considering to adopt it would encourage others to actively participate to this endevour.
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Though we have members based at home, we can't expect them to function as we would want them to be due to their busy and hectic work schedules. In this regard, we are happy to inform everyone that we have appointed DioneSelly Chaokas to represent the SVS website team to meet and coordinate personally with the president of SVS Alumni Association, Ret. Col. Anacleto Tangilag together with the SVS principals. While Dione is on semestral break, she has accepted to relay our formal letter to the concern people on Bontoc. We will soon hear from her latest news update.
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by tribo Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:51 pm

I believe Rhealyn Ola has more to share about the school activities since she is closely working with the school paper ¨Khangsa¨. What I just don´t know is if she needs the permission of the school to post news here? Maybe we could top her since she and the other students who goes online from time to time execute concern by giving theirs in the website.

I think the letter forwarded to the school principal which was delivered by Dioneselly is sufficient enough that we need their contribution by feeding us news information. Recently in the field of Sports arena, SVHS Volleyball Boys Team championed in the District meet. Two SVHS students were imported by MPGCHS to join the Basketball Team and they won in the same athletic agenda in the basketball championship. At least our youngs are excelling in some extra curricular activities. Thus, making a name for the school.

This could be some smalltime news but big news to all alumni who are far from home and who desperately thirst for information about their beloved school.
tribo
tribo

Back to top Go down

Post by cbenna Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:11 am

SVHS School Paper, One Staff Qualifies for National Press Conferrence

Tabuk City, Kalinga – Khangsa, the official publication of Saint Vincent’s High School, emerged as the only school paper from Mountain Province qualified for the national level after it garnered 1st place in the best in News Page and placed 10th among the top 10 Best in School papers for bracket B (English-Secondary) in the just concluded Regional Schools Press Conference held here from December 9-11, 2009.
Meanwhile, Mae Camille B. Manangdang, a senior staff of the paper, placed third in News Writing-Filipino. She will join the paper and the other qualified contestants as participants of the Cordillera Administrative Region for the national press conference to be held in Tagum, Davao sometime February 2010. Manangdang is coached by Mrs. Frances T. Culallad, the school’s 3rd and 4th year English teacher.
Participants of the Regional Schools Press Conference are students and pupils from the 7 provinces: Baguio, Benguet, Mtn. Province, Abra, Apayao, Kalinga and Ifugao. The group contests composed of the top 10 school papers ranked in the division press conference held in the school’s respective provinces.
Robynson M. Kadlosan
cbenna
cbenna

http://svesbatch2005-06.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:50 pm

Very impressive Robynson. Wow! so Khangsa will be competing for the national presscon competition. Isn´t that amazing? Ala esten yu kayet. We are very proud of you guys and so with your news letter advicer, Ms. Fraces Culalad. Miss Manangdang good luck!

PLease update us more news. We love to hear what´s happening in the school and its participation outside the school campus. Salamuch! KHANGSA NEWS LETTER Icon_santa

Last edited by yang-ew on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by luz Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:21 pm

GREAT!!! Congratulations guys!!! Keep it up, now that you are going places.MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU THERE. KHANGSA NEWS LETTER Icon_santa
luz
luz

Back to top Go down

Post by dione selly chaokas Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:39 am

job well done camille.... congrats khangsa staff!!!! i know how mam ancet feels... happy happy happy...

merry christmas!!!!
dione selly chaokas
dione selly chaokas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down