Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acofo: Giving Back

3 posters

Go down

Acofo: Giving Back Empty Acofo: Giving Back

Post by yang-ew Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Acofo: “Giving Back”

by: Julio Acofo

Monday, February 8, 2010

"GIVING Back,” "paying forward" "and at the end of the day." These are among common statements I heard from my classmates and professors at the Asian Institute of Management a decade ago. These phrases which were either used to explain, cut-short or introduce discussions by students and our professors from some more than 700 cases keep coming back to me as one often hear it from people in meetings. Specially official meetings.
Echoes from the past.
When we conducted the Basic Pranic Healing Course to fourth year students of the Saint Vincent's High School, the only intention was to "give back."

Give back to our Alumni. And give back what? Give back our humble experiences, learning and probably DISCOVERIES from the SCHOOL known as LIFE. The conduct of the BPHC for 61 graduating high school students for one is a discovery in life. This I share with alumni of SVHS who took the course and practice it in life, pranic healing. And these persons include a mother among the graduating students. PH is not a religion. It is a science of energy. Everything is energy and as Robinson Kadlosan rightly caught it in the course, PH involves the manipulation of energy. Our physical bodies are energies, they too are matter.
According to Physical Science energy and matter are one thus we are both matter and energy. This is a key fact of PH. And with PH it is the energy body that gets sick first before the physical body.

Heal the energy body and the physical body will follow.
Some books refer to the energy body as the "etheric double". As a student of life, am not sure if the etheric double (energy body) is what we the Bontoks refer to as the "kadkadwa". And we perform rituals for the "kadkadwa" in cases of physical illness.
As Master Choa Kok Sui- the Filipino inventor/founder of PH writes and says "TRUTH IS UNIVERSAL." As an indigenous person, even the concept of "kadkadwa" by us Bontoks integrated in our healing practices makes one proud of being an IP.
Truth being universal affirms one’s identity as a spiritual being beyond the teachings of Christianity. I profess I am a Catholic. I go to mass almost everyday - a practice formed studying in a Catholic school like SVHS. Definitely to me - a gift.

Bringing PH to one's Alma Mater, we hope to strengthen the religious upbringing of our students-the soon -to be members of the global family of SVHS. By this we mean and we pray that they become better than us, better Christians, better alumni of SVHS.
The owner of Rustans, Ms. Tantoco – a practicing pranic healer keeps on attesting: "when you take PH, you will love Jesus more; you will love your religion more.” Now, what's that to us who were formed in a religious school like SVHS. This is just one of the things we wanted to share to the fourth-year students of SVHS.
It is GIVING BACK AND DOING IT HUMBLY ENOUGH. (How is this activity- the BPHC we conducted for the SVHS graduating students this year be a case of paying forward is next).

Published in the Sun.Star Baguio newspaper on February 9, 2010.[/b]
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

http://Interactive Cordillera, Bibaknets@yahoogroups.com, Igorot

Back to top Go down

Acofo: Giving Back Empty Re: Acofo: Giving Back

Post by anitoe27 Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:34 pm

yang-ew wrote:Acofo: “Giving Back”

Truth being universal affirms one’s identity as a spiritual being beyond the teachings of Christianity. I profess I am a Catholic. I go to mass almost everyday - a practice formed studying in a Catholic school like SVHS. Definitely to me - a gift.
[/b]

Thanks Julio for sharing this article about Pranic Healing. I believe that most people involve in PH developed a more sincere Christian faith. That´s my observation. As a christian-catholic my dealing with PH strenghten more my relationship with the Almighty.

Since high school years I winessed people dealing with pranic healing. I discovered that it was an effective and tested system of energy medicine that utilizes prana to balance, harmonize and transform the body's energy processes. The knowledge of being able to deal with simple ailments is quite empowering.
anitoe27
anitoe27

Back to top Go down

Acofo: Giving Back Empty Acofo: Paying Forward

Post by yang-ew Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:31 pm

Paying Forward
by: Julio Acofo

LAST time, I wrote that we conducted a Basic Pranic Healing Course for the fourth year students of the Saint Vincent’s High School in Bontoc, Mountain Province. To us who worked for the BPHC to be conducted, it was an act of giving back to our alma mater lessons and discoveries from life that we think can help prepare the students face life in college or even beyond college. Saint Vincent School teaches Religion or better still Christian Formation as a subject. And by conducting the BPHC for the graduating class we intended to move their knowledge and experience from their subjects of religion to spirituality.

Spirituality is simply defined as connectedness to God while religion is an organized body of knowledge and as a system of beliefs. That’s why there are very religious people who may not be necessarily equally spiritual.

As I mentioned in my last column phrases like “giving back, “paying forward and the end of the day” are “clichés” at the Asian Institute of Management where one finished his Masters in Development Management.

Ten years after such clutter speeches and discussions in official meetings. These phrases are “still in” up to these days.
So allow me to describe our having conducted the BPHC for the graduating class of one’s alma-mater as also a case of “paying forward.” How can one “give back” and at same time “pay forward?” It is a paradox.

It is like this. Having worked for a successful BPHC that benefited sixty one students, we earned for ourselves karmic income. The law of karma says: “what you sow, you reap”. There it is: how we by working for the BPHC we are able to pay back and at the same time “pay forward.” Indeed there is such a karmic bank. By the way, Bontoc is an agrarian reform community. Any activity like the conduct of the BPHC benefits agrarian reform beneficiaries and so with this column.

Published in the Sun.Star Baguio newspaper on February 16, 2010.

• Acofo: Giving Back Print_iconPrint
  • Acofo: Giving Back Btn_email Email
  • Acofo: Giving Back Comment_iconComment

• ShareThis
  • Acofo: Giving Back Feed-iconSubscribe

yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

http://Interactive Cordillera, Bibaknets@yahoogroups.com, Igorot

Back to top Go down

Post by SVS Headliners Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Acofo: A daily prayer for the May 10 national elections
Julio Acofo
Tuesday, March 2, 2010

• Acofo: Giving Back Print_iconPrint
  • Acofo: Giving Back Comment_iconComment
  • Acofo: Giving Back Feed-iconSubscribe

TO THE Supreme God, to our Lord Jesus, to all the Beings of Light and Love and Power, we thank You for blessing the Philippines with Divine protection (freedom from man-made and natural calamities), with good governance, with leaders of good will to do only what is right, with good political will to serve and with strong "radioactive power" ( radiant aura). Dear God we thank You for blessing our beloved country with leaders of strong spiritual magnetism and Divine Oneness (Oneness with God and oneness with all). May TRUTH, JUSTICE,PEACE, SPIRITUALITY AND PROSPERITY FOR ALL. GOD BLESS THE PHILIPPINES.Amen
    The prayer is in solidarity with all pranic healers all over the globe.
    In my recent columns I have written extensively on the energy science of Pranic Healing. The aura is actually the energy (magnetic) field of a person. The largeness and magnetism of one’s aura depends on the spiritual connectedness of the person to the Supreme Being. People who are clairvoyant - those whose "third eye" is opened can see the brightness or radiance of the energy (magnetic) field. Saints of all religions have huge auras. According to one pranic healer who is a clairvoyant, the late Pope John Paul II had a very huge radiant aura. It could have enveloped the whole Philippines. Proof?
    Statistcs show that when the beloved Pope visited the Philippines in the late 80s, the CRIME-RATE in the country DROPPED!
    Let's share this prayer with our families, friends and love ones. Nothing beats prayers!

Published in the Sun.Star Baguio newspaper on March 2, 2010.
SVS Headliners
SVS Headliners
Junior Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down