Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLEDGES and COMMITMENT BOARD

+3
dione selly chaokas
SVS Headliners
yang-ew
7 posters

Go down

PLEDGES and COMMITMENT BOARD Empty PLEDGES and COMMITMENT BOARD

Post by yang-ew Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:22 pm

As suggested by the SVS alumni body through the SVS Alumni Foundation president, we have created this board exclusive for individual, group or batch pledges. To start the ball rolling the SVS Website Admin Team agreed to donate an amount of 10, 000 Php and 1 pig for the SVES Centennial.
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

http://Interactive Cordillera, Bibaknets@yahoogroups.com, Igorot

Back to top Go down

PLEDGES and COMMITMENT BOARD Empty Re: PLEDGES and COMMITMENT BOARD

Post by SVS Headliners Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:16 am

Haler Pau and Letecia, mubalin paki post sina site nan list nan committed projects or pledges tapnu maamuan tako nu ngag nan nalpas et sat nu ngag nan kasapulan ay ma-iprioretize ay tulong. Salamuch!
SVS Headliners
SVS Headliners
Junior Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dione selly chaokas Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:50 am

yang-ew wrote:As suggested by the SVS alumni body through the SVS Alumni Foundation president, we have created this board exclusive for individual, group or batch pledges. To start the ball rolling the SVS Website Admin Team agreed to donate an amount of 10, 000 Php and 1 pig for the SVES Centennial.

yeap yeap yeap, saken nan idonate da ay 1 pig hahaha...
dione selly chaokas
dione selly chaokas

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Hello everyone.............! I'm finally in, thanks to dione and the web developer who assisted me. I thought I would rather remain one of your readers, but then here I am joining you now in this forum.

It's good that we have this board for the pledges and commitments but as of now, there are still no commitments made yet, that is, as far as I, being the Secretary of the Alumni, is concerned. Waday met ketdi busat sina from the team of this website and surely I'll take note of it and all those that would still be coming in...hehehehe.. Thank you so much!

Anyway, for those who may wish to keep their pledges confidential, you can email me through the official email address of the SVS Alumni - svsbontocalumni@yahoo.com . All your donations, pledges and or commitments would be properly acknowledged.

Indeed, we really need your donations...Let it be known that the Centennial Launching started from scratch...no penny to start with actually. But with everyone there in the spirit of "og-ogfo" led by the Steering Committee and the other committees, the alumni, parents, the school administration and teachers, family council, the students and pupils and the community as well --- all poured in their treasures, talents and time, there, we had such a very successful launching! All despite the late planning which only started in August 2010.

The Centennial Celebration is certainly a big challenge to the new officers of the alumni. We are confident though that we can make it again, even better if not the best and the pinaka-benggacious, coz you fellow alumni are there to support and work with us. Your presence to grace this once in a lifetime event would even give more meaning to the celebration in our REMEMBERING, REUNITING, RE-VISIONING AND MOVING ON...

Thanks to this svs website....and more power to the website team ! More updates/developments next time.

Thanks again and regards,
LETICIA FAED-DACAWE

Dale
Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by PECHEN Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:25 pm

dione selly chaokas wrote:

yeap yeap yeap, saken nan idonate da ay 1 pig hahaha...

Mng. D1, kanan cha mampay ay nu adi ka kayet kanu fuman-ig is next year sika pet talaga nan 1 pig at idonate cha, whahaha... in-jeta kat ngamin manang ta baken ka si midonate, gakgakgak! peace manang....

goodnight et na ta maek tako!
PECHEN
PECHEN

Back to top Go down

Post by SVS Headliners Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Hello Leticia! finally you're in, WELCOME!!... everyone here has same experience you know? But that's just for the first time because when you are used to log in to this site it will just be like sending SMS, hehehe... Thanks for the update and congratulations to all the alumni officers and the steering committe involved during the successful Centennial Launching.

May we know if there were identified or assigned commitment to different batches? Just asking because I learnt from other batch that they have a particular assignment for the SVES centennial. If this is so then we might as well post it here. Saludsod lang apo... salamuch!
SVS Headliners
SVS Headliners
Junior Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:47 am

Thanks so much, Administrator, for the warm welcome…..to be honest with you, I surmised eventually that I should now be actively participating in this website through the forums.

I understand that you must be referring to some pledges made by the Silver Jubilarians during the Alumni Day on October 30, 2010…? On record, we only have the following:

1. Batch 85 (SVES Silver Jubilarians) – construction of the walkway from the SVHS Faculty Room to the
school/parish CRs located at the back of the church.
2. Batch 85 (SVHS Silver Jubilarians) – improvement of the school CRs at SVES

I guess I have to ask the school principals or even the new Alumni President, if ever there are some commitments from the other batches.

May I also inform everyone that the SVS Family Council (2009-2011) has initiated fund raising activities (such as the Raffle Draw) for the most needed make-over of the SVES building in time with the Centennial Celebration --- its RE-PAINTING…and RE-INSTALLATION OF ELECTRICAL WIRINGS coz it was realized that said building have substandard wirings. There are 2000 booklets printed, and to come up with the targeted amount, the family council tapped the alumni and batches were encouraged to sponsor (good as sold) at least 20 booklets that costs 2000 pesos (one booklet is 100 pesos). From the first raffle draw held last October 29, 2010, the family council was able to generate an amount of 89thou-plus! The second/final draw will be on December 27, 2010. For those who may wish to buy tickets, I still have 60 booklets at hand. You can contact me either through my email add (jl_3jdac@yahoo.co.uk) or my cp numbers (TM – 09068839845; Smart – 09205290982). It was planned that, parents would do the labor and the painting works be done after the school year ends in March next year. Anyway, I’ll be posting here updates on said project.

Equally important here is the need for funds for the Centennial celebration, which would be a seven-day celebration, that is, from October 23-29, 2010. Funds are needed for every event or undertaking. For instance, office supplies (ink and bond papers, tarpaulins) for the Program and Invitation, prizes for the Sportsfest, medicines and food for the Medical/Dental Mission, to name a few.

So… we have this Commitment Board. Thanks so much that we have this website. I guess, whatever commitment posted here, it is inherent that I’ll take note of it and convey it to the Alumni Officers and the Steering Committee during meetings. Likewise for those commitments and all other school/alumni/centennial concerns that may be emailed through the email add of the Alumni (svsbontocalumni@yahoo.com).

This is so far what I can share for the moment.

Thanks and regards,

LETICIA F. DACAWE
Secretary, SVS Alumni /
Member, SVS Family Council
Dale
Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by anitoe27 Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:56 pm

Hello everyone, It's been few weeks during my last visit to this site since i was busy then. It's really nice to see more alumni getting involve in the forum discussion. This is great! This means we're in progress. If we can just have more continuing exchanges of ideas about the preparation for the grand centennial, then we will be in a better place to sit down together and try to tackle things one at a time. I wish everyone who have an internet access will also share their thoughts on the subject.

Leticia, thank you for the updated report. I will take note of it and discuss with my family as to what we can also contribute for the Centennial celebration. Best regards!
anitoe27
anitoe27

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:37 am

anitoe27 wrote:Hello everyone, It's been few weeks during my last visit to this site since i was busy then. It's really nice to see more alumni getting involve in the forum discussion. This is great! This means we're in progress. If we can just have more continuing exchanges of ideas about the preparation for the grand centennial, then we will be in a better place to sit down together and try to tackle things one at a time. I wish everyone who have an internet access will also share their thoughts on the subject.

Leticia, thank you for the updated report. I will take note of it and discuss with my family as to what we can also contribute for the Centennial celebration. Best regards!

Big thanks for the compliment...I'll try my best to keep everyone updated of the developments relative to the Centennial preparations. I guess, I still have to make a more comprehensive report regarding the set-up of the committees involved and the systems that were formulated especially on financial matters that everyone may be aware of it. One Alumni Officer that I've talked with last night came up with the suggestion of a pledge form. This way, everything will be documented and there would be basis of follow-ups. Meantime, commitments posted in this website and sent to the Alumni email add are most welcome. I guess the pledge form would be for formality purposes.

Thanks and regards,

LETICIA F. DACAWE
Secretary, SVS Alumni
Dale
Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by d'bontokinian Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:17 pm

Welcome aboard, Dale! As secretary of the Alumni Foundation we hope to meet you here regularly as well as the other officers.
d'bontokinian
d'bontokinian
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:04 am

d'bontokinian wrote:Welcome aboard, Dale! As secretary of the Alumni Foundation we hope to meet you here regularly as well as the other officers.

Big thanks po, Sir....!

LETICIA F. DACAWE
SVHS 1991
Dale
Dale

Back to top Go down

PLEDGES and COMMITMENT BOARD Empty http://www.svsbontoc.tk/

Post by yang-ew Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:35 am

I just received an email from a Vincentian. I would like to share it to everybody especially to the committe concern.

"Aloha Freda, kmsta? Cya na ya nan kanak ay mid ulas mamingsan, hi hi. Sorry, just had the chance to visit website and aye! napnonapno kanay is updates. I'm happy that there are more and more participants.

Freda, may you please check for me if during the centennial ya mabalin ay in fund raising? and if can, i can help in raising funds too.

I have noticed that there is no active participation from my batchmates unlike the previous years. Anyways, I got in touch with a few last night and we are still designating who will be the batch representative. We will have one very soon if they (classmates in the Phil) get their acts together.

Ala e-esten u kayet. Aloha!

Someone from Batch 76' flower
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

http://Interactive Cordillera, Bibaknets@yahoogroups.com, Igorot

Back to top Go down

Post by Dale Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:27 pm

yang-ew wrote:I just received an email from a Vincentian. I would like to share it to everybody especially to the committe concern.

"Aloha Freda, kmsta? Cya na ya nan kanak ay mid ulas mamingsan, hi hi. Sorry, just had the chance to visit website and aye! napnonapno kanay is updates. I'm happy that there are more and more participants.

Freda, may you please check for me if during the centennial ya mabalin ay in fund raising? and if can, i can help in raising funds too.

I have noticed that there is no active participation from my batchmates unlike the previous years. Anyways, I got in touch with a few last night and we are still designating who will be the batch representative. We will have one very soon if they (classmates in the Phil) get their acts together.

Ala e-esten u kayet. Aloha!

Someone from Batch 76' flower

Hello Manang Freda, thanks for sharing this email...and to the email sender, thanks, too tay natignay kayet nan likna u. Aye kayet, adi tako maum-uma.

Let me dwell first on the concern regarding fund raising. Yes, we do have fund raising activities and each activity is given to a particular group or committee to handle. During the Centennial Launching days, we have had centennial t-shirts for sale taken cared of by the SVS Teachers. An alumna financed the capital and the gains derived from the sales goes directly to the coffers of the SVS Alumni. For those who may wish to buy Centennial t-shirts, these are available at SVS - Elementary Department. Buy now, and let us all be proud we are Vincentians!

Another fund raising is through the Centennial Souveneir Book. Solicitation (or subscription?) letters would be sent out very soon. Annie Grail Fanusan-Ekid chairs this committee, but I must admit that I dont have the details of the subscription fees for a whole page, half-page and 1/4 page. Anyway, I'll be posting the details later.

Another committee, with Ellen Lasilas-Gironella as chair, is in-charge for solicitations. This is now the Solication Committee. Please be informed that these two committees, Solicitation and Souveneir, are two distinct committees from each other. Any cash (or in-kind) solicited by the Solicitation Committee is separate from that of the Souveneir Committee. To make this clear, I guess the Solication Committee is simply to solicit for donations; while that in the Souveneir Committee, an amount solicited corresponds to a page or a space in the Souvenier Book. Thus, these two committees work separately and accounts are held separately.

We have also the Fancy Fair and this would be during the Centennial celebration next year. This was given to the SVS Family Council (with Clement Charopang as its President) to spearhead . In this fair, there would be lots of fun games --- ring a duck or a bottle, spin it win it, darts, etc.... In their planning meetings, the family council decided to offer booths to the batches. Each booth would be manned by the sponsoring batch and they would also be providing the materials needed for a particular game, say, ring a bottle - needed are rings, bottles, and of course prizes! Prizes may not be necessarily cash, it could also be stuffs --- bags, toys, purse, among others. As such, the sponsoring batch is now given the option to deduct from the generated funds the expenses they have incurred...or perhaps the expenses may not be deducted but rather be considered as their donation SVS Alumni. By the way, fair tickets will be sold to a player before he is allowed to play. As to the other mechanics of the Fancy Fair, these would be be tackled in the succeeding meetings of the Family Council. As of the moment, the Family Council is in need of any donation of second-hand toys, bags or any other stuffs for the prizes in this Fancy Fair.

These so far are the fund raising activities of the SVS Alumni that I know of. All proceeds of these undertakings will be for the SVS Alumni to fund the Centennial preparations and the celebration itself. As to a specific project, nothing has been discussed yet.

If some alumni are contemplating on some other ways of fund raising, certainly the Steering Committee and the Alumni officers would be very glad to consider such. Please feel free to inform us about your plans that may it be tackled during the planning meetings here in Bontoc.

I would like also to mention that there are fund-raising activities initiated by the Family Council. First, is the raffle draw that I have posted earlier in this website. Second, is the upcoming Concert for A Cause in collaboration with the Bogbogan Chorale Group and this would be on December 3-4, 2010. The first one is for the re-painting of the SVES Building, and the second is for the repair of the CRs of the SVS High School. To be featured in the Concert are the SVS Talents - the pupils and students - as well as parents and alumni. Concert tickets are sold at 100, 50, 30 and 10 pesos. Tickets anyone.....?

We're now over with the Centennial Launching. However, I would still want to believe that it was a miracle to have it very successful despite the lack of finances...! Glory be to God!

Nevertheless, with everything now spelled out here, we come knocking to your doors again. For donations, please deposit it to:

Account Name : SVS Bontoc
Account Number : 4568 3050 0015

Bank : Philippine National Bank
Bontoc Branch
Poblacion, Bontoc, Mountain Province

Routing Number: ABA 026003007 - New York
ABA 122038756 - Los Angeles

All donations will be acknowledged through official receipts.

I hope I've answered the first concern brought up in the above quoted email.

On the second concern regarding batch representatives, I would like to understand that batch members would gather themselves in whatever way they could (one perhaps is through the net) and agree among them on who would be their batch representatives. The needed names and their email addresses may be sent through the official email address of the SVS Alumni (svsbontocalumni@yahoo.com) or to my cp numbers (TM - 09068839845; Smart - 09205290982) By this way, I guess, that's when we could start connected with each other.

There you have it, guys! The SVS Alumni Officers under the leadership of Paulino Tumapang, Jr. will keep you updated from time to time. For any queries regarding the centennial and other school/alumni concerns, please email us through the email address stated earlier...and stay connected with us in this website, too.

Thanks and regards,

LETICIA F. DACAWE
Secretary, SVS Alumni
Member, SVS Family Council
Dale
Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: