Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SVS alumni association, mission and functions

4 posters

Go down

SVS alumni association, mission and functions Empty SVS alumni association, mission and functions

Post by d'bontokinian Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:03 pm

Can somebody elaborate on the mission and functions of the association? Perhaps any past president or past officer would be in a better position to explain how the association works. Does it also have an office of its own, etc? I must confess I only have a vague impression of the function and the inner working of the association, but in this age of the internet and with the presence of this website, perhaps some kind of "tweaking" is needed in order for the association to function effectively.
d'bontokinian
d'bontokinian
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

SVS alumni association, mission and functions Empty Re: SVS alumni association, mission and functions

Post by yang-ew Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Indeed Bontokinian. That's precisely the reason why we asked Dione Chaokas to coordinate with the school principals and most especially to SVS alumni president, Anacleto Tangilag while she is on semestral break in Bontoc. Just like what you have mentioned before, it is necessary that the constitution and by laws of the alumni association must be presented here for us to know the objectives and functions.
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

http://Interactive Cordillera, Bibaknets@yahoogroups.com, Igorot

Back to top Go down

SVS alumni association, mission and functions Empty Re: SVS alumni association, mission and functions

Post by d'bontokinian Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:52 pm

This is not to bash the alumni association, especially its officers, when it comes to its lack of disseminating information to its members. On the contrary, this is to point out that with the introduction of this SVS website, this is the opportunity in which the association could play a greater role in disseminating information in a timely and efficient manner. Does it realize that in the future when it is ready, that one of its functions could be the maintenance and operation of this website?
I wish Dione success.
d'bontokinian
d'bontokinian
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:29 pm

d'bontokinian wrote:This is not to bash the alumni association, especially its officers, when it comes to its lack of disseminating information to its members. On the contrary, this is to point out that with the introduction of this SVS website, this is the opportunity in which the association could play a greater role in disseminating information in a timely and efficient manner. Does it realize that in the future when it is ready, that one of its functions could be the maintenance and operation of this website?
I wish Dione success.

You´re absolutely right Bontokinian. I think everyone who registered in this website have the same desire for his/her dear alma mater. But due to lack of communication with the alumni association we are unable to disseminate important information to its alumni.

Here´s an update from my last conversation with Dione after her enrolment at SLU few days ago. As of today, she was able to meet with the two principals: Sir Julian and Sir Chris last Friday. Both principals received a copy of their letter coming from us. On Friday (October 30, 2009) Dione will follow up the request letter with the hope of meeting the Khangsa news staff with their advicer, Mrs. Frances Culalad. Ás to her coordination with the president of Alumni association, let´s pray that they will see each other before Dione will have to leave Bontoc for Baguio this second semester.

We look forward that Dione will be able to get a copy of the Contitution and By laws stipulating the mission, vision and functions of the association. The list of faculty members and its administrators together with their haddle and individual pictures, the SVS school hymn and to update us on the present condition of the computer laboratory of the school. All these are necessary to be uploaded on this website´s PORTAL. Our webdeveloper can only do all these if we will provide all the essential information to him.

I wish Dione success too.
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Vincent's School Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:26 am

I loosened the Administration Previlages so as Everyone can enter Important Details on the Website Smile
Saint Vincent's School
Saint Vincent's School
Web Developer
Web Developer

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Igorot_Pride/site/

Back to top Go down

Post by dione selly chaokas Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:02 am

Here’s my update for today.

1. I have the list of Faculty members and staff (high school
only) elem will follow together with their pics.

2. I already have a
copy of the SVS Alumni Association’s 6 page constitution and by laws and we
came to know that the real name is Saint Vincent’s Alumni Foundation, Inc. not
just SVS Alumni Association. Sir also gave me a copy of the Articles of
Incorporation of the organization together with the certificate coming from the
Securities and Exchange Commission.

3. Regarding the election of
alumni officers. Sir said that they went on with the election of
officers sir Tangilag was again elected as the president. He also said that he
asked one of the faculty members to post for us with the list of new officers. (ngem yake pet nay maid egay da pylang
inkabil)

4. I talked to the KHANGSA adviser and she said they would
be willing to feed and update us with news. They just came from Besao yesterday
wherein they had participated in the recently concluded Division Schools Press
Conference. List of winners will be either posted by me or them.

5. Regarding the Computer Lab: Sir Jhun said: “Ada ti lab ngem awan ti
computer”. They are planning to purchase 3 new units of PC when fr. John
Habawel would be going to Manila. The money to be used are those that they
earned for selling basura, plastics, bottles, etc. They have internet
connection at school with 3 functional PCs located at the principals office.
Another computer is ate the Faculty office.

I’m sorry I
haven’t talked to Mr. Tangilag yet due to lack of time, and that he could not
be reached yet. Adik xa maanapan. Hopefully I could see him this November 1 nu
panag-kakandila.

I also
taught them on how to make posts. And asked each to register and have their accounts for easier access...

‘Till here
for now…
dione selly chaokas
dione selly chaokas

Back to top Go down

Post by yang-ew Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:11 pm

Big Tango Dione!!! Iyaman ay dakedake ken sika... I recieved your PM indicating the Saint Vincent´s Alumni Fundation Inc. SEC Registration Number.

Webdeveloper will upload it in the Portal Header once he´s available. We´ll be waiting for you to upload the Constitution & By-laws, hehe... Sya kayman chi tay nirugyam isunga palpasem, hahaha... Just take your time ading ko... By the way do you have the list of the new sets of alumni officers? Let us know if Maám Myleen will take care of this or you. Thanks!
yang-ew
yang-ew
Global Administrator
Global Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down